The Peace River South School District (SD59) Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) is a standardized school emergency operations plan addressing the four phases of emergency management: prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. The objectives of the plan are:
- Protect the safety and welfare of students and staff.
- Provide for a safe and coordinated response to emergency situations.
- Protect the District's facilities and properties.
- Enable the district to restore normal conditions with minimal confusion in the shortest time possible.
- Provide for coordination between sites, District Emergency Operations Centre, outside first responders, and provincial support if necessary.
The District committee for Emergency Operations is:
- Mike Readman - Director of Instruction
- Wade Simlik - Director of Operations
- Jeff Lekstrom - Transportation Manager
- Donald Belski - Health and Safety Coordinator
- Josh Kurjata - Principal DCSS (South Peace Campus)