Apprenticeship (Youth Work in Trades): Students working in a trade with a journey person can register for the Youth Work in Trades program and have that time put toward an apprenticeship as well as earn high school credits. If you are working already contact the Youth Work in Trades Coordinator at your school to get registered in the Youth Work in Trades program.
The criteria includes:
- Working in a paid position
- Working with a qualified trades’ person
- Enrolled in a school
With 900 hours and a C+ average in grade 12 students also qualify for a $1,000 award from the government.
Who attends: This is an opportunity for students 15 years and older who are working with a ticketed trade’s person.
- Intro to Trades (links to ITA, Videos, PDF info)
- Apprenticeships (youth In Trades)
- Scholarships / Bursaries / Financial Aid