Teachers have called and/or e-mailed all parents at this point to ask if their child(ren) will attend beginning June 2nd.
For any parents who have asked that their child(ren) return to class, you will have received a call/e-mail from the teacher regarding which day(s) your child will attend.
K-grade 5 will attend 2 days per week - Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday
Grade 6/ 7 will attend 1 day per week.
If you have not yet spoken to the teacher about attending and do not have a scheduled day(s) but would like your child(ren) to attend, you will need to make arrangements with the teacher. Please note that your child will be scheduled as possible. We do have to respect density limits within the classes.
If your student normally rides the school bus and is attending, there have been arrangements made with the bus for pick up and delivery on the days they are scheduled. The expectations on the school bus will conform to safety regulations.
Please read the Site Specific School Procedures below for Crescent Park.
Also posted are the District Protocols for School District 59.
Crescent Park Elementary
Site Safety School Procedures for June 2020
Before a child is able to attend school, it is expected that parents will:
- Each day, prior to dropping their child off at the school site: Check their child for symptoms of COVID-19:
- The parental check will include checking for: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, muscle aches (common cold, influenza, or COVID-19 like symptoms).
- Children who exhibit symptoms will be expected to stay home. They should be assessed by a healthcare provider and tested for COVID-19. If the child does not have COVID-19, the child may return on their scheduled days, once the symptoms have abated.
- Student attendance will have been scheduled by the teacher. If you have not been in touch with the teacher and/or are not scheduled for a particular day, your child can not attend that day.
- Provide their child with a water bottle (water fountains will not be available)
- Provide their child with nutritious snacks and a lunch.
- Public access to the school continues to be limited.
Parental Drop Off:
- Parents must drop off and pick up their students at their designated time so that students can line up socially distanced at their assigned entrance door. Parents are not allowed into the school except by appointment at this time.
Students will use the appropriate designated entrance(s) and exit(s).
Kindergarten and Grade 1 Ms. Graham and Mrs. McKenzie’s classes will use the primary entrance adjacent to the parking lot.
- Ms. Graham (K’s) line up along the front wall. Please arrive at 9:00 and pick up at 2:30.
- Mrs. McKenzie (Gr. 1’s) line up along the side wall. Please arrive at 9:05 and pick up at 2:35.
Kindergarten/grade 1 and Grade 2/3 Miss Fraser will use the Back primary entrance door (in the playground)
- Ms. Buck’s class line up in front of the back door. Please arrive at 8:50 and pick up at 2:20.
- Miss Fraser’s class line up along the back wall. Please arrive at 8:55 and pick up at 2:25.
Grade 2/3 Ms. Damas’/ Ms. Holland’s students will use the outside classroom door (close to the bus drop off)
- Line up along the wall outside the classroom door. Please arrive at 9:05 and pick up at 2:35.
Grade 2/3 Ms. Keizer and Grade 4/5 Mrs. McInnis’ classes will use the Main Door.
- Ms. Keizer’s class will line up along the front sidewalk to the right of the door. Please arrive at 8:50 and pick up at 2:20.
- Mrs. McInnis’ class will line up along the wall to the left of the front door. Please arrive at 9:00 and pick up at 2:35.
Grade 6/ 7, Grade 5/6 and Grade 3/ 4 will use the intermediate entrance adjacent to the parking lot.
- Ms. Malkinson’s line up along the stairs and to the right along the retaining wall. Please arrive at 8:50 and pick up at 2:20
- Mr. Heydens/Mrs. Dueck line up along the path to the annex. Please arrive at 9:00 and pick up at 2:25
- Mrs. McClarty/Ms. Rigiletti line up along the front wall to the right of the door. Please arrive at 9:05 and pick up at 2:30
Students will maintain physical distancing as they enter the school. (2 m/6 ft.)and proceed to their class along the guidelines.
Students will wash their hands at the sink in their classroom and report to their designated seat in the classroom.
Students will await instruction from staff.
Parental Pick Up:
• Students will wash their hands and take all belongings with them when they leave the school. They will follow the guidelines and proceed immediately to the parent’s vehicle.
- Parents must drop off and pick up their students at their designated time as students emerge from their entrance/exit door.
Bus Drop Off/ Pick Up
Bus seating will be 1 student per seat (unless students belong to the same family).
Bus drop off and pick up will occur at staggered times and may be different than usual. Please check with the bus garage.
Please note that all doors will be locked at all times to reduce traffic into and out of the school. Parents are admitted by appointment or by agreement with staff only at this time.
If a student is being dropped off or is arriving late:
- All late arrivals will enter through the main door.
- Come to the secretary’s window and knock gently.
- Someone will come and open the door.
- Proceed directly to the classroom.
- The office is not open to sign in at.
Food for Students
- Students will have time to eat their lunch and snack inside. No food is to be eaten outside.
- Students must wash their hands before handling food.
- Food and all student belongings will be kept at the student’s work area.
- Students are not to share food items or contact food items that belong to others.
- Students should not bring food items that need to be reheated. There will be no access to microwave ovens.
- Students will need to consume food items at their individual designated work area and clean the area when finished.
- All beverage and food containers should be clearly labeled with the student’s name.
- Outside delivery of food during the day is not permitted.
Reinforcing Preventative Measures for Students
Please ensure that your child understands that social distancing and restricted density and restricted movement are in place for the safety of the entire school community.
- Staff will work with the students to help them understand and practice safe physical distancing of six feet/two metres between self and others. Younger students will be supported to have minimized physical contact with one another.
- Staff will work with the students to help them understand and practice coughing or sneezing etiquette; remind them to do it into their elbow or a tissue, and then throw out the tissue if used and wash hands afterwards.
- Staff will work with the students to help them understand and practice avoiding touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staff will work with students to help them move safely through hallways and in the classroom.
- Staff will work with students to ensure they wash their hands frequently and sanitize their work area as needed.
Managing Students who Exhibit Symptoms of COVID-19
If a child begins to exhibit symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, muscle aches):
- The child with symptoms of COVID-19 will be promptly separated into a safe area away from others; Adequate supervision will be provided until the child is picked up.
- If one is available, the child will be provided with a mask.
- The parent or guardian will be called as soon as the child is isolated and the parent or guardian will be asked to pick up the child immediately.
- Once the child has been picked up, the parents are asked to have the child assessed by their family physician and/or use the on-line test.
If a student is assessed by their family physician and it is determined that they do not have COVID-19, they may return to school once symptoms have resolved.
Classrooms – Student Work spaces
Student work spaces will have sufficient space to allow for physical distancing.( 2m/6 ft. spacing)
Students are expected to remain at their own workspace.
A clear route to the classroom sink, so that students can wash their hands will be maintained.
Washrooms will be used by only two students at a time.
If weather is conducive, some time will be spent outside in a physically distanced manner.
In order to keep students safe, movement inside classrooms, inside and outside the school will be restricted and social distancing will be practiced.
- The school day will begin at 9:00 and end at 2:35. Please note that students may enter or leave before in order to accommodate physical distancing.
- After entering the classroom and washing their hands, students will proceed to their specified work area and remain there.
- Students need to be equipped with a personal water bottle as water fountains will not be available.
- Snacks and lunch will be eaten at the student’s work station only.
- Recess and lunch hour will be at staggered times with only a small amount of students being outside.
- On-line learning will continue and make up the bulk of the learning, while at school.
- Other activities, which can be carried out in a physically distanced manner, will be offered to make up the school day for the two days grades K – 5 students will be in attendance. Grades 6 – 7 students will attend one day only.
In order to respect physical distancing, only two students will be allowed in the washroom at a time.
- Upon entering the washroom the student will move one of the cone markers to the middle of the entrance to show that there is one occupant.
- After the second cone has been placed, no more students may enter.
- Upon leaving the washroom the student will move their cone marker to the side of the entrance, to let others know that there is a vacant spot.
- Students must wash their hands after using the washroom.
There are no students allowed in the office at this time. Late sign in will be done in their classroom.