PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is now full. You can join a wait list by clicking the registration link below.
In partnership with The Ministry of Education and Childcare’s erase strategy, due to high demand, Safer Schools Together is offering an additional “Social Media Awareness” Family Session on December 5th at 7:30 pm (MST).
This session covers all things digital, from how to be a good digital citizen, the criminal consequences of cyberbullying, and how to report and receive support in cases of sexting/sextortion. Some of the most prominent concerns currently surrounding use of social media platforms, smartphones, and artificial intelligence will be discussed.
Students will learn:
- Digital media habits, oversharing, and digital addiction
- The permanence of online posts/activity
- The significance of your digital tattoo in how others perceive you (e.g., sports teams, college admissions, and potential employers)
- The importance of caring for peers both online and offline
- Geo-locational settings and the dangers of social media and cell phone misuse
- The social and legal consequences of cyberbullying behaviour as well as possession and distribution of intimate images (sexting and sextortion)
- An anonymous student reporting tool that can help you and your friends stay safe both online and offline
This 60 minute session will be held virtually via zoom. The registration for this session is now full, to register for a wait list please click the registration link below.