The Tumbler Ridge Family Support Program seeks to provide flexible services to families within Tumbler Ridge Elementary and Tumbler Ridge Secondary School. Services are provided in partnership with the school, community agencies and other community organizations. The purpose of these services is to support family and student success at home, at school and in the community.
- Build bridges between home and school
- Collaborate with the school and parents to address barriers
- Capacity building between parents, students and teachers
- Connect families to community resources and services
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Individual service planning with families that is flexible and proactive.
- Supporting families in areas involving parent/child or teen conflict and crisis management.
- Developing goal-specific service plans for families
- Helping parents identify and achieve goals related to improving their communications with their children/teens.
- Providing parenting education/programming, accessing community resources and advocacy for clients.
- Remove barriers between parents, students, schools and teachers
Ongoing goals of the Family Support Program
- Advocacy and support for parents
- Acting as a liaison between the school and parents
- Provide services supported by the school district staff
- Liaison and/or advocate with outside service providers
- Guidance, skill building and problem solving with families
If your family would benefit from this program, please contact Tumbler Ridge Secondary at 250-242-4227 and ask to speak with Michelle Stanek, or e-mail Michelle Stanek.