Did you know . . .
School District No.59 does not insure expenses for student injuries that happen on school grounds or during school activities?
You are responsible for these expenses as a parent or guardian.
It’s recommended that parents consider an insurance provider for school injuries. Several companies offer accident insurance and you can choose a plan that suits your family’s individual needs the best.
School District No.59 provides a choice for families to voluntarily purchase private accident insurance through the “insure my kids” accident program, underwritten by Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada.
Insure my kids accident insurance offers protection against the potentially high costs of serious injury from unexpected accidents and is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Accidents can, and do, happen.
Insure my kids accident insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefits include coverage for:
- A full year (September to September), 24 hours a day, whether at school or at home;
- Expenses such as ambulance, physio-therapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more that are limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or provincial health plans;
- Injury-related dental treatment;
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If you change your address during the school year, your insure my kids accident insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Insurance premiums range from $17.00 to $33.00 per year, depending on the plan selected, and your child is covered all the time, not just while at school. A discounted premium is available for families with three or more children.
The insurance agreement will be between you and Old Republic Canada and insure my kids and becomes effective on the date the enrolment application and payment are received by the insurance carrier.
For more information, or to apply online, please visit
or speak with an Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada Customer Service Representative at 1-800-463-5437