RESPONSIBILITIES OF SPDL PARENTS, STUDENTS & TEACHERS IN OUR K - 7 PROGRAMS
The role of the parent in the SPDL environment includes:
- developing a Student Learning Plan for the school year in collaboration with the SPDL teacher and signing it;
- demonstrate engagement in that learning plan within the first three weeks of registration
- as the Home Facilitator, supporting the learning process by:
- participating in Parent/Teacher/Student conferences, as requested.
- communicating (at least bi-weekly) with your SPDL teacher;
- supporting the work of the student by being an active participant;
- setting daily goals and assisting in teaching the student time-management skills;
- ensuring evidence of work is submitted regularly for assessment by your SPDL teacher.
The role of the student in the SPDL environment includes:
- working closely with the Home Facilitator;
- completing assignments to the best of their ability;
- asking for help when needed;
- asking for alternative assignments when desired;
- treating SPDL books and equipment with respect.
The role of the teacher in the SPDL environment includes:
- working with parent(s) to develop a Student Learning Plan that supports the BC Ministry of Education authorized curriculum;
- collaborating with the parent/guardian to create the individualized Student Learning Plan;
- providing and/or pre-approving learning resources to meet the Student Learning Plan;
- deliverer the curriculum of the assigned program;
- the teacher will create and engage students in asynchronous and synchronous environments;
- the teacher will engage students in an active learning environment, which respects individual student needs including students with Special Education designations;
- assessing student work and providing reports on student progress;
- providing quality feedback in a timely manner and maintaining regular communication with students/parents/guardians;
- the teacher will ensure ongoing proactive communication with parents and students, which may include video conferencing, email, telephone and onsite visits
- providing support and guidance to the Home Facilitator.