September 4, 2020
All schools will follow the same process when a child becomes ill while at school:
- The child will be separated from the class and moved to a supervised area away from other students and staff.
- The child's parent/caregiver will be called immediately and asked to pick them up as soon as possible.
- The students will be provided with a mask and will remain in the isolated area until they are picked up.
- Spaces the student recently used will be cleaned/disinfected.
- Parents/caregivers will be given a letter outlining that they must keep the child at home until they have been assessed by a health care provider to exclude COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, AND their symptoms have resolved. An example of the letter is provided in the link below.
- The school will call the parent/caregiver later in the day to follow up on the child's progress.